

It is Saturday morning and I have just finished chatting with my parents over skype. It has been a busy week, but not as busy as my first week. I am no longer spending 12 hour days at school so that is nice. I also used my stove this week, and there is a picture of the noodles I cooked. I ate it with some seaweed and a salad. There is also a picture of me at my "desk" at work. I sit in between two other teacher in a row of seven teachers. It is quite crowded in our office, but you get used to maneuvering around people. This week I went out for ba-go-ke (that is how you pronounce it) which is Korean beef. they cook it in front of you on a mesh wire that is hanging over a gas stove thing. It is delicious! Wed. night some of the foreign teachers went out to the house of a man that befriended us. His and and he made us some really good food and I am slowly getting used to the spicy food. Thursday night I went looking for this big grocery store, but couldn't find it. I ended up in a book store and I bough an Asian cookbook and I am excited to start making Korean food! You should try eating it! really good! Last night I went out with a Korean co-teacher and we went to this huge and rather famous department store! quite exciting. There was one whole floor for shoes. Of course 80% were hand made and so cost a fortune. I also found out that I wear the biggest size they sell, and that is only in a few shoes. I managed to buy a pair of black flats and I am really glad that I could not understand Korean and how they were discussing the size of my feet! Today I am headed out to visit my old roommate who lives about a half an hour subway ride away from me! God bless!

2 comments:
Hey Kris - good thing you are adventurous, because I don't know if I'd eat so much different food. Although, do you have a choice? Can you find "American" food?
You look so professional at your desk...you look like a teacher - good thing, eh?
Hope your visit with Jannell goes well - glad you can see a familiar face again!
Praying for you,love you lots & God bless!
Jess
Hey Jess. I can find American food, though I haven't really looked. There are starbucks everywhere, and i will go to one yet. American food is more expensive here.
Post a Comment